Egg Baked in Acorn Squash
This recipe is definitely an interesting twist on the classic Toad within the Hole. Simply take a farm fresh egg, an attractive acorn squash, add salt, pepper and fresh chives and viola, breakfast! Try baking the squash the night time before in order to save time, and you may love this particular scrumptious meal any day. It’s filled with protein and all sorts of nutrients you ought to get you break around the right feet. Want more protein? Try adding some crumbled bacon! You will not be sorry.
- 1 Acorn squash (decline in half and deseeded)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tablespoons of Fresh chives (chopped)
- Salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375 levels F.
- Put the squash face lowers on the baking sheet. Bake the squash within the oven for twenty five-35 minutes, before the squash becomes tender. Remove in the oven and permit to awesome slightly, about a few minutes.
- Put the squash halves face-up around the baking sheet. Crack an egg into the hole in every half. Season with pepper and salt and bake within the oven for 15-20 minutes, before the egg sets.
- Remove in the oven. Garnish with fresh chives and serve.