Paleo Sloppy Joes
This is actually the perfect quick weeknight meal. Serve it having a side of steamed vegetables or perhaps a salad, and you’ve got the right meal. Regardless of whether you use hamburger or poultry, it’s sure to become a family favorite. Make use of a paleo friendly tomato sauce or help make your own. Allow it to be as spicy as you desire using the cayenne and red pepper flake.
- 1 lb Hamburger (or poultry)
- 1 Bell pepper (diced)
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 3 Celery stalks (diced)
- 1 Garlic clove (minced)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Chili powder
- 2 cups Tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Red pepper cayenne (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon Red pepper flake (optional)
- Ocean salt (to taste)
- Freshly cracked pepper (to taste)
- Coconut oil
- Heat the coconut oil over medium-high temperature inside a large skillet.
- Add some onion, pepper, and celery and sauté for 4-a few minutes, or before the vegetables are soft.
- Add some garlic clove, sauté for just two-3 minutes.
- Add some hamburger and prepare until browned and cooked through.
- Add some tomato sauce and spices. Stir to mix. Scrape any bits off the foot of the skillet.
- Prepare on medium heat before the sauce thickens a little, about ten minutes.
- Serve hot having a side of steamed vegetables.